I get asked about once a month, normally around wrap-up time, how I read so much every month. So, I figured it was about time to answer that question.
- I always have a book with me either in physical form or an ebook I’m into.
- That way if I have a second or I have lunch by myself at work, I have something to do.
- Audiobooks, Audiobooks, Audiobooks.
- I listen to them on at least 2x speed and I listen to them whenever I get a chance be on my way to work or while I’m playing certain video games.
- I read multiple books at once.
- Often, I limit myself to one book of that particular genre or format. This isn’t something for everyone, but I can manage it.
- I like to finish books in one setting.
- Obviously, this isn’t always possible, but it’s something I prefer doing whenever possible. I think it’s a pride thing.
- I hate DNFing so I’ve learned what I like.
- This partly goes with the previous point, but if I’m not liking a book, I push to finish it…mostly out of pride. I’ve learned what I’ll like and what I won’t like and tend to avoid things I don’t think I’ll enjoy.
- I’ve decreased my manga/comic intake.
- Back when I first made my Goodreads, a lot of what I read was comics and manga. I’ve gone through a lot of different series and am either waiting for the next volume or it’s completed. This wound up freeing all the time I spent marathoning those series since not too many things have caught my eye lately.
- Time management of my free time.
- If we are being honest, I have a lot of free time, like an obscene amount currently. I spend a good chunk of my free time reading because I like knowing that I did something productive with my spare time.